Sunday’s get a bad rep, and deservingly so. Have you ever heard of that thing called the Sunday Scaries? Urban dictionary defines it as… The dreadfull feeling on a Sunday morning after a long hard week of boozing..Regret,the shakes,having no money left in your wallet and spending the day hugging the porcelin throne are all common symptoms..
Here are some ways to maybe make Sunday, a little bit better.
Get in the mentality that Sunday, is just Saturday, but that you need to get up early the next day for your girlfriend’s younger sisters college graduation, so you can’t get too drunk at night, but you can during the day and just fall asleep early – should that be your thing.
1. Get up early with your tight roommate and get a power brunch/power cold brew coffee. Use that brunch to reminisce about your night before, plan follow-up texts to your hookup/crush/that random person you met who bought you a tequila shot by mistake because they couldn’t find their friend because their friend went to the bathroom so they gave the shot to you instead. Talk about how you “kind-of have a love/hate relationship with Sundays” but then never bring up Sunday again.
2. Go buy those Stan Smith’s you were eyeing all week.
3. Be productive with your life passions. What drives you? How’s that food blog? How’s your standup act? Take Sunday as your “Monday For Your Passion” Go buy a Go Pro. Make something cool. Get lost in your travel blog. Go take an Instagram that will get all of the likes. Don’t take a Sunset photo.
4. Clean your room. I’m sure you already do this. My process is pretty straight forward. I’ll sit in my room, basking in the week’s mess around me, clothes tossed in every corner as if a Hurricane hit, why is it desk chairs get more use than closets? I’ll debate my plan of attack, put clothes in pile, wash them, fold them, throw things away. Next thing I know I’ve been watching YouTube videos of Sharks with Go Pros attached to their heads for 3 hours, realize I’ve done nothing all day, then clean my room. #ProductivityHacks
5. End your Sunday with something/someone you like. A movie. An HBO show, a girl, a guy, a dog. It’s going to be okay, it’s just a Sunday. Taking Back Sunday.
What do you guys do to cope with Sunday Scaries?